I believe that everybody should have a reliable and honest mechanic to hand when they need one. By offering support, reassurance and by doing a great job every time, I’ve been able to build long-term relationships with hundreds of customers around Leicester, some lasting over 20 years.
Working hard throughout early education lead to work placements at various garages around Leicester, including Renault, where I carefully crafted my skills as a car mechanic.
As a young single father of four, I struggled to work the hours needed to raise my family, so I decided to leave Renault. I realised that with the right tools, almost all car repairs could be fixed without the need for a garage, so I set up my own business – Moreton Motors, possibly the first and now longest running Mobile Mechanic business in Leicester.
My idea was to fix your car at your home or workplace, making it more convenient for you whilst removing the worry of taking it to an unknown garage. I’ve been doing this almost everyday for 26 years, I fix or maintain ~1000 cars per year of all makes and models. I wake up every day passionate about solving car problems to help to get cars back on the road safely.
- 1986 Youth Training Scheme in Mechanics.
- 1989 – 1992 City & Guilds Mechanics Level 2 and 3 (Passed with Distinctions).
- 1992 I.M.I Management night course (Passed with Distinctions).
- Awarded the City & Guilds Silver medal for the top 4 students in the UK.
- Awarded the Leicester College Trophy for outstanding results in mechanics, 2 years running.